Pages

Friday, March 9, 2007

Nick's "A-DAY" - Officially Ours on 2/26/07


On Monday, February 26th, was Nick's final court hearing. Some friends from church adopted awhile back and they said that they call it "A-DAY" (adoption day) so we decided to do the same thing. We will celebrate it each year just like a birthday. It was suppose to be the end of January, but Nick's attorney was sick and we couldn't proceed. Yes, we took the day off work, had out-of-town family here and got all the way down to the courthouse to find out we had to reschedule. Aghh.... Oh well, it worked out fine! At least we weren't fighting a battle with the birth parents or anything. But, as of Monday, February 26th at about 4:30pm....he was 'officially' ours! It has been such a huge relief to know that no one can ever, ever, EVER take him from us.

A-DAY was an awesome day and everything went smoothly. Thank you ALL for you prayers, support and encouragment through this ENTIRE process. God has blessed us with great family, friends, a wonderful church and now a beautiful, healthy baby boy. Now that Nick is "officially" ours...we are ready for the next one God has planned.....

There is a song by Mark Harris that I have 'claimed' as Nick's song. Sometime soon, I plan on putting his "A-DAY" pictures on a DVD and have this song playing in the background. Just something else to add to my 'to do' list. Anyway, here are the words:

"FIND YOUR WINGS" (Proverbs 22:6)

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold.
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth

And if I've never told you
I want you to know
As I watch you grow

CHORUS
I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings.

May passion be the wind
That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong
Guide you on your way
May there be many moments
That make your life so sweet
But more than memories

CHORUS

It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly

CHORUS

Here is the link to Kodak Easy Share for the entire slideshow. I hope that this link works OK. If not, let me know and I will try to figure something else out. ENJOY!!!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=lycjbyv.bx3vd4k7&Uy=mcdfk7&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=112813617765_856034821207

3 comments:

Keri said...

Lisa, I LOVED looking at those pictures! Thanks for sharing the day with all of us bloggers! God bless you as He chooses to give you more...and more...and more of those sweetie pies!

girlie girl said...

OK so I'm all caught up now! I wondered what was up with your blog. I save this address.

I love that song too!

I haven't gone to the cemetary - both boys have ear infections - life is crazy now!

Jodi said...

Congratulations! I looked at all the pictures--what a cutie! And your parents are looking nothing at all like grandparents. ;)

Hugs to all.