Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Our 1st "Texas House" Problem-o...












Yes...we are experiencing our FIRST "Texas House" Problem-o. I know it COULD be worse. So, PLEASE know that I am NOT complaining. I just wanted to update you (especially the family/friends we contacted about the situation)...
***A couple nights ago, I was re-arranging some pictures that were just leaning up against the wall that separates our kitchen with our living room. So, I walked (with my shoes on...as always) on the dining room carpet, then, went to walk on the tile. Well, I literally about "wiped-out". At first, I thought it was just b/c my pants were kinda long and might of gotten caught under my shoe. A few minutes later, Ben went to vacuum that same area (he was barefoot) and realized that it was SOAKIN' WET. So, then I checked out all the framed pictures, artwork, etc. that I had leaning against the wall and sure enough...the edge that was on the carpet was wet. ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!
***Anyway, we had a plumber come look at it the very next morning (Friday AM) to see if it's from the kitchen, Nick's bathroom that is upstairs & above the "wet area"...or even if it was coming in from outside (since it's been raining here all week). Well, the plumber "had to get back to his boss".
***In the meantime, we had called our FABULOUS realtor...and, she AND her wonderful hubby (who is a builder) took time outta their busy schedule (and on a Friday night) to stop by and check it out. WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR THEM. Come to find out, it MIGHT NOT be as big of a deal as we originally thought.
***So, right now, the plan is to just TRY to keep it dry right now (fans blowing on it, carpet "peeled" back all the way down to the sub-floor, etc). Then, once the "heavier" rain STOPS, we will dry the floor and then see where it's seeping through. I hope that ALLLLL that ramblin' makes sense.
***I am including some pictures of what our dining room looks like at the moment. We will continue to keep you all posted.




















































































No comments: